COMMITTEE ON FOREIGN RELATIONS UNITED STATES SENATE 111th Congress 1st Session
March 25, 2009, Wednesday Time: 9:30 A.M. Place: 419 Dirksen Senate Building Presiding: Senator Kerry
Senator Kerry's Opening Statement Senator Lugar's Opening Statement (Note: this is the posted statement but this is not the one he delivered for Hill's hearing; will post correct one when website corrects it)
The Honorable Christopher R. Hill to be Ambassador to the Republic of Iraq
Career Member of the U.S. Foreign Service. Most recently Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs (EAP) and Head of the U.S. delegation to the Six-Party Talks on the North Korean nuclear issue.
Now on live stream from C-SPAN.org
- President Obama Announces More Key Administration Posts 3/11/09
- Why Chris Hill should be in Iraq by Senator John Kerry (Politico, 3/25/09 4:53 AM EDT)
- Do You Like Senate Holds and Jams?
- Senator Brownback: Baghdad is Waiting
- Tempest on the Hill Over Christopher Hill’s Nomination?
- Officially In: General Eikenberry, Hill and Other Nominees
- Officially In: Chris Hill to Baghdad
- Our Inheritance: Bush’s True Legacy