Sunday, May 3, 2009

Brief as Photos: Still Gunning for 52

It’s easier said than done. Writing short-short stories, that is.

I started my “Brief as Photos” series exactly a year ago last week. My first, Lara’s Story was posted on April 26, 2008. The idea was to write a short-short story of less than 1,000 words every week for a year. That would have amounted to 52 stories in a year. But – as you can see, I did not even get to my half-way mark, which is really a bummer … sigh! I will continue to write my short-shorts until I get to 52. It may take me a year … or two… we’ll see. I may be on a move in a year or so. I did blogged my 500th post on May 1st …okay, that’s not an excuse … but I wasn’t idle, just writing about something else…

Here are the stories I wrote this past year:

Brief as Photos - 19: Ambassador to the South

Brief as Photos - 18: New Hire

Brief as Photos - 17: The Winner

Brief as Photos - 16: The Djinn of Small Wishes

Brief as Photos - 15: The Adventurous Life of a Fingerprint Scanner

Brief as Photos – 14: Japanese Roulette

Brief as Photos - 13: An American Abroad

Brief as Photos - 12: Gorgeous Princess Goin' Fishing

Brief as Photos - 11: My Mother's House

Brief as Photos - 10: Houses with Arches

Brief as Photos - 9: The Senior Spouse

Brief as Photos - 8: Campaign Props

Brief as Photos - 7: A Diplomat’s Wife

Brief as Photos - 6: The Good Consul

Brief as Photos - 5: Nurbibi

Brief as Photos - 4: Lottery

Brief as Photos - 3: Tandem Couple

Brief as Photos - 2: Bus Ride

Brief as Photos – 1: Lara’s Story

No comments: