Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ambassador Huntsman's Country First, Gov Romney's Country First Only If ...

"He criticized me while he was out raising money for serving my country in China, yes, under a Democrat, like my two sons are doing in the United States Navy. They're not asking who -- what political affiliation the president is. I want to be very clear with the people here in New Hampshire and this country: I will always put my country first. And I think that's important to them."

Ambassador Jon Huntsman
Former U.S. ambassador to China (2009-April 2011)




The Mittster's response: “I think we serve our country first by standing for people who believe in conservative principles and doing everything in our power to promote an agenda that does not include President Obama's agenda.”

So if the Mittster had served under G.W.Bush in whatever capacity during the Iraq War, that would have been considered "serving the country first" but had the Romney sons served in the mountains of Afghanistan instead of campaigning for their dad in this election year, that would not be "serving the country first?" 

Service to our country is a worthy undertaking only if ... ohhh man ... what a character! Hookay, I think I get it now.

OTB points out that Ambassador Huntsman is not the first Republican to serve under a Democrat in the White House: "Wendell Wilkie spent two years in a Europe at war as President Roosevelt’s personal ambassador. The fact that Wilkie was a Republican and Roosevelt a Democrat didn’t matter, Wilkie was serving his country. Similarly, Henry Cabot Lodge Jr., who had been Richard Nixon’s running mate in the 1960 Presidential election, served as Ambassador to Vietnam for Presidents Kennedy and Johnson from 1963 to 1967, and then Ambassador to West Germany under LBJ for the last year of his Presidency."




 
 
 

No comments: