- Hire recent graduates (or folks with no/little experience) because they are less like to complain about work, overtime, etc.
- Hire people for whom work is life (who would not mind 16-hour workdays)
- Suspend rules
- Overtime on weekends (pay with comptime that never gets used)
- Emphasize that desire for fairness is the impulse for the petty and weak
- Children whine, adults work
- Reward sacrifice and commitment to management over competence and achievement
Provide high caffeine drinks (not tree-bark coffee) Limit social interaction (all roads to promotion must go through your desk)What can I say - it's always great to hear some good, down to earth wisdom.